Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pantone Announces Turquoise 2010 Color of the Year

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this.

If you know me at all, you know I have embraced turquoise for a good 5 years now. My house is decorated around turquoise, I have a wardrobe full of the color. I spent well over a year of my life creating a series of watercolors based in aquas, blues and greens. And a line of textiles. (see both above). In fact, my next post will feature my Christmas card which I designed and created using, yes, turquoise!

So I am glad turquoise is having it's day. Let's celebrate turquoise!

Then, what's my problem? I guess I am just ready to move on. Maybe not leave turquoise behind, but I am ready for a new master. Maybe apple green, maybe a cornflower blue, paired with a cooler charcoal, instead of the warm brown.

Stay posted, I think I have just been inspired for a New Year's post on Cathy's Color of the Year.

For more info on Pantone and the 2010 Color of the Year go to www.pantone.com

No comments: