Sunday, February 27, 2011

Backdrop to The King's Speech

It's Oscars time and I have been running out to try and catch the nominated movies before the 2011 Academy Awards tonight. I finally saw The King's Speech, which is up for Best Art Direction, and really enjoyed it, great movie.
I was absolutely mesmerized by the wall that served as a backdrop for much of the drama. I kept wondering as I was watching, did they create that? Is it a set or location? It just felt so gutsy, these layers and layers of peeling paper, such rich, old texture.
(I did a little research, and as it turns out, it is part of a location in London. More on that story and the industry controversy , if you are interested, can be found at incontention.com )
So excited for the Oscars, one of my favorite nights of the year.

No comments: