Monday, February 1, 2010

My studio feels white, fresh and ready for what's next.





I like to be surrounded by things I love. Every wall in my studio gets covered with bits and pieces of inspiration that I collect along the way. It becomes a collage of color, type, quotes, messages, trends and things I feel I need to capture, before they slip away. In fact, it was the inspiration for this blog. To share the things draw me in, move me forward, or just make me happy. But, every once in a while, it's time to clean house. So today, I took down my wall. My studio feels white, fresh and ready for what's next.

Some of the things that showed up recently...

loose, hand-drawn patterns...

pinks...

deep plums and dark grays...

artwork featuring words...

organic shapes...


neutral color palettes...

birds...

I have a huge sketchbook I keep, a sort of visual log, into which some of these trends will get taped and saved for future reference.

No comments: