Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Letter to Target:


Dear Target Stores:

Please don't abandon me, not at a time like this, when I need you most. Yes, I am watching my spending, like the rest of America. I also still need to make certain purchases. And one of the guilt-free pleasures I get is from "expecting more" while I "pay less". Don't take that away from me.

I see from your ads that you feel the need to push price, and I understand. Just don't forget why I love you. Maybe some folks will choose another mass merchant retailer for supposedly lower prices, but your core customer still wants to feel current, on-trend, and inspired while they buy their shampoo.

How else can I say this without being blunt, "Please don't turn into Walmart." If you do, I might not be able to see a difference between the two of you, and I might start doing my shopping there, and once that happens, who knows if I'll come back.

So don't abandon me, and I won't abandon you. We need to stick together in these tough times. I have faith you will do the right thing.

Sincerely,
A true "Expect More, Pay Less" believer

http://www.target.com

No comments: